Mechanical Engineering Intern
Stuart, FL 34997
Envision Product Development Group is a dynamic and passionate team of highly-skilled innovators and industry experts. We develop, produce, and commercialize innovative products in consumer, medical, and industrial markets.
We’re seeking additional team members interested in the fast-paced and challenging world of product development. Our ideal candidates are highly motivated, quick learners, technically-savvy, want to grow with the company, and learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our workload is very diverse and requires team members to be flexible, willing to be self-taught, and learn new skills and processes to facilitate the various projects that our team pursues.
Envision Product Development Group is seeking talented students pursuing a career in mechanical design for a Summer 2018 internship. Engineering interns work directly with senior engineers and project managers to coordinate product development of new products from concept to mass production.
Interns will be assigned roles on projects consistent with their level of education and experience. Engineering interns will perform professional technical work requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering concepts. This hands-on experience will complement technical coursework.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting in the design and fabrication of prototype products
- Supporting product documentation for production release
- Assisting in the creation of engineering test protocols for new products
- Perform, record, and analyze testing of new products
- Coordinate and communicate with team members to assist in meeting objectives and deadlines
- Effectively participate as a team member and have the desire and ability to learn
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program for Mechanical Engineering or related field
- SolidWorks experience / certification (CSWA/CSWP) a plus
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-motivated, organized, and teachable
- 3D CAD and detail drafting (part, assembly, detail and 2D production drawings) (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience in designing for any of the following manufacturing processes: Machining, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, stamping, welding, tool and die, production fabrication and assembly, additive manufacturing
If you believe you fit the above criteria and could see yourself as a member of our team, we encourage you to apply for this position with your resume and a brief cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.