Mechanical Engineer I
Stuart, FL 34997
Envision Product Development Group is a dynamic and passionate team of highly-skilled innovators and industry experts. Join Envision if you have a passion for bringing consumer, medical, and industrial products from mind to market.
We’re seeking additional team members interested in the fast-paced and challenging world of product development. Our ideal candidates are highly motivated, quick learners, technically-savvy, want to grow with the company, and learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our workload is very diverse and requires team members to be flexible, willing to be self-taught, and learn new skills and processes to facilitate the various projects that our team pursues.
Envision Product Development Group is currently seeking a full time, Mechanical Engineer 1 to join our team in Stuart, Florida. The Mechanical Engineer 1 role includes managing several projects from commencement to completion. They will be responsible for project definition, planning, design, drafting, building, and testing of new products. Engineers work directly with domestic and overseas clients and production teams, coordinating product development from concept through mass production.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Project definition, design, drafting, building, and testing of new products
- Coordinate and communicate with clients and team members to assist in meeting objectives and deadlines
- Manage prototype builds utilizing various manufacturing techniques with in-house facilities and domestic / overseas vendors
- Create and maintain production ECN and revision documentation
- Coordinate with production engineers, supply chain managers, and mass production resources domestic and overseas
- Manage up to 4 concurrent projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- SolidWorks certified (CSWA or CSWP) preferred
- Intelligently design manufacturable parts and assemblies for mass-production
- Ability to troubleshoot/anticipate design and CAD problems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, organize, and follow-up with clients and team members to meet objectives
- Ability to learn and apply new technology and tools as needed
- Highly-motivated, organized, and teachable
- 2 years (minimum) 3D CAD and detail drafting (part, assembly, detail and 2D production drawings) (Solidworks preferred)
- 6 months (minimum) designing for specific manufacturing processes
- Managing ECN/ECR logs and documenting revisions of released drawing packages
- Experience in designing for at least 2 of the following manufacturing processes: Machining, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, stamping, welding, tool and die, production fabrication and assembly, additive manufacturing
- Hands-on manufacturing experience a plus
- Rapid prototyping experience a plus
- Experience working with startup companies a plus
- Portfolio of 2 completed projects – presentable at time of interview
If you believe you fit the above criteria and could see yourself as a member of our team, we encourage you to apply for this position with your resume and a brief cover letter answering the question:
Why are you passionate about product development?
We look forward to hearing from you.